From the kitchen of Pamela Byrne Riley, Hodgdon Island Inn, Boothbay, Maine … Photographs by Richard B. Riley
Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls – Fun to Eat and Easy To Make!
- 8 crusty dinner rolls
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, chives and tarragon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg. Arrange rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Reserve tops.
2. Crack an egg into each roll, then top with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
3. Bake until eggs are set and bread is toasted, 20 to 25 minutes. After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes. Place tops on rolls and serve warm.
Tags: Boothbay Harbor Bed and Breakfast, Boothbay Maine Bed and Breakfast, easy recipe for baked eggs in bread bowls, Hodgdon Island Inn, Pamela Byrne Riley, recipe for baked eggs in bread bowls, Richard B. Riley